Last week was, all in all, a very good week.
We did have a bit of a wrinkle though. ...
Everyone, from the designers at LiLu Interiors to the painters, our architect and our builder pulled together for a last minute change in plans. The results are wonderful and all of the upstairs walls have been primed and are ready for the final paint.
The paint we wanted to use was an extraordinary paint with almost no toxins what so ever. It was made with no VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) nor many of the other low level toxins found in paint.
In our LEED certification it also qualified for a half point (which we are really watching closely as we are very close to reading LEED Gold!).
Unfortunately, the company that made it had gone out of business :*(
So, everybody scrambled a bit to find a replacement at the lasts minute.
Don, the painter, was most familiar with and confident in the quality of Sherwin Williams paint, and they do have a LEED certified paint. After LiLu did some research on the Sherwin Williams paint, while our Architect did some digging into the LEED certification points, we went with the Sherwin Williams paint.
This gave us a short delay, but the painters did a wonderful job, and were able to make up some of that lost time (Thanks Don!).
The walls look great. In the second picture above, that is our bedroom wall, which used to be blue. Seeing it as off-white is a nice change, although that isn't the final color. The final color will be close though.
In addition, the sump pump is now fully installed, so we are all ready for the seven to ten day Minnesota heatwave we are experiencing.
At the beginning of this week, the guys doing the tile are diving into work. Once they are done, the painters will come back to put the final coat on.
Next week's blog should have a lot of fun tile photos, but here is a teaser!
Mark really doesn't like to talk about himself, the house is much more interesting.