One fine Wednesday Spencer and Thomas drove up in a Penske truck with the Vizier I had ordered almost two years ago. I was their last stop on their route delivering goodies all through the midwest (at my request as the house wasn't ready earlier).
The first thing we did was to take a look at the possible pathways to get the table downstairs.
After talking it over, they decided the route through the garage would be simplest and safest.
After pulling the table off the truck and placing it on a moving dolly, they rolled it up our driveway.
Once inside, Spencer and Thomas basically strong-armed the Vizier down the hallway.
At the stairs, I went down first and spotted while a couple of guys working on our house helped Thomas and Spencer wrestle the Vizier downstairs, being careful not to damage any walls, ceilings or railings. They did a phenomenal job and the table made it safely downstairs.
Once downstairs, I steadied the table while Thomas and Spencer got some tools and other parts of the table.
The legs of the table and packaged separately for safety. The acrylic layer that sits at the bottom of the "vault" numerous screws and fasteners, accessories, etc also came in separate boxes.
Once everything was ready and in place, the guys unwrapped the table legs (photo 9&10) and set them near each corner of where the table will go. They then removed the packing material from the top of the table, lifted the table and held it in place. Meanwhile, I quickly set each table leg into the appropriate slot (photo 11) in the table.
Once the table was resting on the legs, Thomas and Spencer secured each table leg. I took a couple of closeup photos of the inside of the table where these are secured.
Frankly, being able to see the inside workings of the table was very cool. Photos 12 & 15 are two of my favorites. I'll chat more about the table in the next blog.
Once the legs were secured, the bamboo vault floor was secured in place, then the acrylic was unwrapped and laid down. The acrylic layer is suitable for either wet or dry erase markers. It also comes with a suction cup for ease of removal.
Next, the tape from all the moveable parts was removed. Drawers were placed in their slots, table leaves were tested for fit (they worked great) and basically, every movable part and accessory was installed and tested for fit.
We also ordered a couple of "Leaf Guards" (photos 19&20). These are designed to allow you to have some table leaves in place but not all. For example, if you want to have a smaller "vault" space, more tabletop space, you use a leaf guard so that dice, figures, counters, etc won't slip under the table leaves.
I also have a felt top. This is smaller than the top of the table as I figured we will be using it for card or counter games. Typically those games would be limited to six players, so the additional table space is more important. It also makes the felt table top easier to store when not in use. In the photos I show the felt table top used with a couple of table leaves.
After Thomas and Spencer went over care of the table and accessories, we went over the paperwork together, I signed off on it and thanked them both again (probably for the hundredth time:)) and they were on their way back to Washington.